Misconceptions about Sleep Apnea: It's Just Snoring

I was diagnosed with OSA Obstructive Sleep Apnea in 2010. I started using a CPAP (continuous positive air pressure) breathing machine and it helps. Since my diagnosis, I've read a lot of misinformation about apnea. Some is just unfair stereotyping. Like the idea that only fat people have sleep apnea. I've had breathing problems all my life, even when I was a 117 pound adult. I've lost 83 pounds and my apnea is as bad as ever. Myths like that can be downright dangerous. Another dangerous one: it's just snoring--more problematic for people who have to listen to it. It might be noisy and irritating for you, but OSA can kill those of us who have it.
Here's the correct information from the apneac's mouth.   Misconceptions about Sleep Apnea: It's Just Snoring